Outdoor LED displays are flat panel displays that comprise an array of light-emitting diodes, and are typically used in outdoor settings on account of the brightness they provide. The enhanced features offered by LED displays, as opposed to conventional lighting solutions, have led to a rise in the adoption of LED displays. The rising promotional activities done by businesses and organizations are also encouraging the growth of the outdoor LED displays market. According to a report published by Persistence Market Research, the outdoor LED displays market is estimated to reach a value of US$15.7 bn by 2021, expanding at a whopping CAGR of 15.9% from 2015 to 2021.
The success of the LED displays can be accounted to the following factors:
- LED displays help conserve energy.
- LED displays have a longer life than conventional lighting options.
- LEDs do not need a warm up period and light up instantly.
- LED displays are eco-friendly.
- LED displays offer an interactive medium of advertising having the ability to engage the audience.
- Advertising via LED displays is more flexible as they allow easy editing of information, in comparison to advertisements on TV.
- They offer easy updating of content at any given time and are thus often used to display current news, to give warnings, and provide information such as areas that are jammed with traffic, etc.
- LEDs are attractive and can grab the attention of the target audience far more efficiently than print media and other advertising methods.
- LED displays require negligible maintenance.
- They can be operated remotely via the internet.
The rare few factors that can inhibit the market for LED displays are their high initial installation costs and the emerging trend of online advertising. However, owing to the numerous benefits offered by the use of LED displays, the adoption of this technology is expected to continue to dominate the advertising industry.
LED Billboards Segment to Account for 46% of Global Outdoor LED Displays Market by 2021
LED displays have found their application in LED mobile screens, LED video walls, LED matrix displays, LED traffic lights, and LED billboards. Out of these, LED billboards are anticipated to lead the LED displays market in the coming years and the expected CAGR of the segment is 16.7% in terms of value during the period from 2015 to 2021.
Get Sample Report: http://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/5210
North America to Dominate Installed LED Displays Market
LED displays are increasingly being adopted in North America for advertising and promotional activities. Moreover, the demand for LED video walls in North America for events and concerts, LED screens for stadiums, and perimeter boards installation has driven the sales of LED displays. By the end of 2021, North America is anticipated to dominate the installed LED displays market, accounting for 31.6% of the total market in terms of value.
The installed outdoor LED displays market is anticipated to experience the highest CAGR in the APAC market, closely followed by MEA, driven by increasing infrastructural development such as shopping malls and multiplexes.